Kati Hiekkapelto (b. 1970 in Oulu) was hailed as a leading light of a new generation of Finnish crime authors on the publication of her first book, Kolibri (â€˜The Hummingbirdâ€™). Kolibri is the very promising first instalment in a series featuring Detective Inspector Anna Fekete, an ethnic Hungarian originally from Yugoslavia, who moved to Finland as a child. In her books, Hiekkapelto deals with highly relevant issues such as immigration and multiculturalism. The first two volumes of her crime fiction series have been published in Finland so far.
Kati Hiekkapelto is also a qualified special education teacher. She has taught immigrants in Finland and spent some time living among the Hungarian minority in northern Serbia. Today she lives with her family on a farm on an island called Hailuoto in northern Finland.
Kolibri, Heyne Verlag 2014, Ãœbersetzung: Gabriele Schrey-Vasara
Photo: Â© Jouni Harala
- Finnische Kriminacht – Harbour Front Literaturfestival, 07.10.2014 20:00
- Kati Hiekkapelto stellt ihren ersten Roman “Kolibri” vor, 08.10.2014 20:00
- Reading | Lesung, 09.10.2014 14:00
- Finnland. Cool. Party, 09.10.2014 17:00
- Finnland. Krimi., 10.10.2014 11:00
- Finnische Nacht – Mord am Hellweg, 11.10.2014 19:30